copy handler tools not working

Ask any support questions here
renjithrs123

copy handler tools not working

Post by renjithrs123 »

How can I use copy Handler tools like Supercopier or Teracopy together with Explorer++ ?
prr

Re: copy handler tools not working

Post by prr »

Seems to be working for me. Within E++, I right-click the item I want copied/moved, then select the Teracopy option. I get a window asking where I want it, I click through, then its done. This is on Windows 7.

It is a bit slower than the clicking through the Teracopy options with Windows' native Explorer, but it will still work, and for large files still saves time.

Is there a particular problem you have?
Hemloc

Re: copy handler tools not working

Post by Hemloc »

I believe what renjithrs123 was referring to was how those handlers automatically take over the cut/copy/paste functions from windows. That way we can use the normal cut/copy/paste operations (or use the keyboard shortcut keys which I use) and the new handler will perform the operation, without us manually having to go through right-clicking and menus and sub-menus. The difference between the ease of use of a normal cut/copy/paste and going through menus is a lot more than "a bit slower", so much so that I will not use this program without this function. Windows' own copy/move functionality is quite crap compared to, for example, TeraCopy. Also, Explorer++ is the only windows management program I have ever come across that did not allow normal external handlers to work.