How to uninstall explorer++ ?

Ask any support questions here
Woody

How to uninstall explorer++ ?

Post by Woody »

Well, i deleted the files of explorer++. the problem is that explorer++ is still standard explorer for my system. I can't explore directorys and i cannot open the system properties anymore. Thats very bad :cry:
Woody

Re: How to uninstall explorer++ ?

Post by Woody »

i could undelete explorer++ and got the original explorer back.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Hi Woody, you'll have to download Explorer++ again, and select the "Don't replace Explorer" entry in the options dialog. Because there's no installation/uninstallation program, it can't be done automatically.
runbei

Post by runbei »

Setting "Don't replace Windows Explorer" and deleting the exe fails. Not a solution. Explorer++ continues to be the default program for opening folders in Windows Explorer. If you do the don't replace / delete procedure, you get an error when trying to open folders (application not found) - even after a reboot. This is a huge bug. People should be warned that they won't be able to uninstall Explorer++.
topbanana

Post by topbanana »

Effectively, selecting the "Don't replace Explorer" entry in the options dialog, is the equivalent of selecting 'Uninstall Explorer ++'...
And just deleting the .exe is the equivalent of deleting a folder for some software out of the 'Program Files' folder and then being left with its shortcuts, associations and uninstall entries in Add/Remove Programs...
tallguy297

Explorer++ version 1.3.99.1 Install program

Post by tallguy297 »

Anyone interested, I created an install / uninstall program for Explorer++ version 1.3.99.1.
It's installable on Windows XP, Vista & 7 and installs the 32 or 64 bit version depending on the architecture.

The help file is included as well as a couple of free applications in the applications toolbar, Icon Explorer & EXE Explorer.
The "Windows Logo + E" is captured to Explorer++.

When this software is installed it will automatically take over Windows Explorer and replace it with this one.
If the program is uninstalled, any registry changes will revert back to defaults.

This installation has been modified to work with elevated directory & file permissions.

This install / uninstall is completely safe and has been tested on Windows XP, Vista & 7 (32 & 64 bit versions).

Click here for the installation program. :mrgreen:
DRGreen63

Post by DRGreen63 »

I did notice a few things with Explorer++ and using it as the "default" explorer on Windows 7.
I found this on my specific installation, but it may be of some help to others.

• I could not set Explorer++ as the 'default' explorer unless I ran it with Admin privileges, and then made the setting. Admin was no longer required.
• When ever Explorer++ was run there-after, the settings showed that it was not the default explorer.

• To "de-select" Explorer++ as the default, I had to re-run it with Admin privileges, select it as the default, Apply the change (which wasn't a change at all), and then select "Don't replace", then Apply the change. The disconnect was then successful.

This was done using version 1.3.5.531