new version of Explorer++ from recent sources [upd 29/03/16]

Ask any support questions here
dilosec

new version of Explorer++ from recent sources [upd 29/03/16]

Post by dilosec »

I've rebuilt (on 29/03/2016) a new version of Explorer++ from most recent version of source codes available:
built from the Latest commit 519117a (Mar 26, 2016) of Explorer++ source on GitHub, with code changes by me,
with VS 2015 + Update 1 and build targeting using VS 2010 Pro + SP1 + any fixes from Windows Update
using latest STLsoft: stlsoft-1.9.124-hdrs
and latest Pantheios: pantheios-1.0.1-beta216, with 32-bit and 64-bit libraries built by me
and latest Boost: Version 1.60.0

32-bit and 64-bit: [updated 29/03/2016]
ZIP: Explorer++20160329-519117a.zip - 1,456,940 bytes - http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=517 ... 4016863699
ZIP MD5: b97d6f7444aadd4bc3372a2a30dea10c

WARNING: Bookmarks do NOT work and old saved Bookmarks will be LOST when running this version.

Language translations (22 DLLs, most are not 100% complete - for above):
ZIP: Explorer++Languages.zip - 331,978 bytes - http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=048 ... 6058315983
ZIP MD5: bf05ff3478e1f825bd81205dd2ebcf75

When switching language, restart Explorer++ to load new language.

Added 18/08/2016:
The source code for Explorer++20160329-519117a can be downloaded from the link given below:
epp-20160329-519117a-src.zip, 3.336 MB, http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=809 ... 4773461096
Last edited by dilosec on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am, edited 7 times in total.
Swalchy

Re: new version of Explorer++ from most recent sources

Post by Swalchy »

Thanks for this, dilosec.

Been trying/testing this in Windows 10 Pro x64 Edition Build 10240, and can confirm to those having a few problems of the following:

* No need to disable Windows OneDrive when using Windows 10. Programme doesn't crash this version of Explorer++
* Right clicking on white-space doesn't crash this version of Explorer++
* Works fine without being in "Administrator" mode
* Able to Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X etc., etc., without this version of Explorer++ crashing

Not yet had this crash on me. I'll let you know what I did if it does :)
OnlineHandle467

Post by OnlineHandle467 »

I just tried this and it crashed on my W10 as I right clicked on white on the right pane to bring up the context menu.
dilosec

Re: new [updated] version of Explorer++ from most recent sou

Post by dilosec »

Thanks Swalchy for feedback. Thanks also to derceg for making Explorer++ source available.

I don't use many of Explorer++ features (no preview, no toolbars), using it mainly for its much faster (than Windows Explorer) navigation...

I've tweaked Explorer++ for personal use, implementing quick fixes in ShellBrowser/SortManager.cpp:
to issue #30: to display mixed folders and files (3 lines commented out)
and issue #46: for non-logical sort of names (3 StrCmpLogicalW changed to StrCmpIW)

I've also (manually) added 2 lines to my config.xml under ColorRules, to help distinguish folders (in red) from files (in blue):
<ColorRule name="Folders" FilenamePattern="*" CaseInsensitive="yes" Attributes="16" r="255" g="0" b="0"/>
<ColorRule name="Files" FilenamePattern="*" CaseInsensitive="yes" Attributes="0" r="0" g="0" b="255"/>

Please, see download link in post#1.
Issues #30 and #46 are implemented as options in 'Tools', 'Options...', 'Files and Folders' tab (at the bottom):
[x] Display mixed files and folders
[x] Sort names in non-logical order
Last edited by dilosec on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Swalchy

Post by Swalchy »

So after a PC restart, the Explorer++ did indeed start to crash again when right-clicking on a white space.

Setting the programme to run in Administrator mode sorts it though, so I can put up with it doing that.

The only thing I have issue with is that the Duration column doesn't really show the duration for many of my Video files - although it does seem to show the duration of .WMV files fine - .AVI, .MP4, .MKV are inconsistent. Music file length shows fine as well.

If anyone has any idea of how to fix this, it would make Explorer++ almost perfect :)
dilosec

Post by dilosec »

I don't use OneDrive, and usually have it uninstalled. But I've now seen the Explorer++ right-click crash on a Win10 64-bit system where OneDrive is running. I'll have to find spare PC/time to setup a debugging rig to take this further...
dilosec

Post by dilosec »

I am not fond of running Explorer++ with Administator priviledges.

I've found that deleting this registry entry:
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ FileSyncEx"
then right-clicking on white space works with Explorer++ that runs with NO Admin rights.

Modify the registry at your own risks!

Also I don't know if that entry is re-written (reappears) when OneDrive runs and synchs files and folders...
dilosec

Post by dilosec »

I spent some time debugging the right-click crashing on Win 10 - I've decided not to spend/waste more time looking into this, as the FileSyncEx ContextMenuHandler implemented in OneDrive's FileSyncShell64.dll response to the QueryContextMenu call is 'undocumented' causing an exception, and there is a ready fix to this problem proposed by @GeorgeHahn in issue#35. I've implemented a fix based on @GeorgeHahn code.

I've rebuilt Explorer++ and updated info and download links in post#1 and post#4.
kuss

Post by kuss »

Hi love the program!! :D but i got a fav to ask you...........any chance you can fix the bookmarks toolbar? i add 3 folders to the tool bar and after i close the E++ and reopen it the bookmark toolbar did not save,i even tried it portable .xml
dilosec

Post by dilosec »

I've fixed the main toolbar problem reported by @dutenhnj in issue#49, and updated the download links in post#1 and post#4 again.

You may have to right-click on main toolbar, click on Customize.., and click Reset - to refresh the toolbar icons if they had been messed up!

Code changes:

Explorer++\Explorer++_internal.h:

Code: Select all

#define TOOLBAR_REFRESH                 (TOOLBAR_ID_START + 16)
#define TOOLBAR_ADDBOOKMARK             (TOOLBAR_ID_START + 17)
#define TOOLBAR_NEWTAB                  (TOOLBAR_ID_START + 18)
#define TOOLBAR_OPENCOMMANDPROMPT       (TOOLBAR_ID_START + 19)
#define TOOLBAR_ORGANIZEBOOKMARKS       (TOOLBAR_ID_START + 20)
#define TOOLBAR_DELETEPERMANENTLY       (TOOLBAR_ID_START + 21)
Explorer++\DefaultToolbarButtons.h:

{TOOLBAR_ORGANIZEBOOKMARKS},
{TOOLBAR_NEWTAB},
{TOOLBAR_SEPARATOR}
Explorer++\XMLSettings.cpp:

else if(lstrcmpi(bstrValue,L"Manage Bookmarks") == 0)