Launching .lnk from windows run command window opens the folders in a new instances of Explorer++

Ask any support questions here
rei2work

Launching .lnk from windows run command window opens the folders in a new instances of Explorer++

Post by rei2work »

I just switched form using Clover to Explorer++, I LOVE it! I am hoping to be use this for the long term. But I am just having some issues, hoping to get some answer here:

1) Win + E fails to open folders in explorer++
Already running as admin, windows 10. I was expecting Win+E would open Explorer++, but it opened windows explorer instead. I am not sure if this is an unsupported feature or not?

2) Launching .lnk from windows run command window opens the folders in a new instances of Explorer++
I was expecting it to open the folder from an existing Explorer++ instance -- Is there a way to only allow single instance of Explorer++?

thanks!!
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Launching .lnk from windows run command window opens the folders in a new instances of Explorer++

Post by David Erceg »

Hi rei2work,

I'm glad to hear you like it! For 1, see the AutoHotkey script on the download page. For 2, uncheck the "Allow multiple instances" box in the Window tab of the Options dialog.