Explorer++ Help.chw

Ask any support questions here
explorerer

Explorer++ Help.chw

Post by explorerer »

Hi,

I'm using Explorer++ Version 1.3.5.531 (64-bit Unicode build) on Windows 10 and have a problem with the Help file.

I placed the file "Explorer++ Help.chm" alongside the "Explorer++.exe" file in one folder.
When I open Explorer++.exe and click Help > Help (or F1), I get a "Open File - Security Warning" message and click "Open"

I can see a list of Contents in the Contents tab; however, there is no text in the right side of the help window. If I click anything listed in the Index tab and click "Display," nothing is displayed in the right side of the help window.

I already read the README (Help file) and looked to see that the file is not blocked. The help file says, "Move the file to the Explorer++ 'installation' folder, usually C:\Program Files\Explorer++ " I don't have the Explorer++.exe file in Program Files because this is not a program that needs to be installed; so I have the file in a folder on my D drive where I can find it easier. I can confirm that there is no Explorer++ folder in C:\Program Files, nor in C:\Program Files (x86).

Is the help file broken? Or am I doing something wrong?