Personal fork feedback requested.

Ask any support questions here
Janus

Personal fork feedback requested.

Post by Janus »

I have been working on a private fork for my own use, and finally gotten it stable.
This is based on the 180203 commit from github.
Not a real fan of the reorganization of the filters, but it is usable.

Sln/Vcxproj adjusted for VS2013, still doing x86 & x64 both.

I have put them up at a temporary spot.
I will improve it later.
I am not web layout savvy, I prefer tables to css, and I despise liquid or flowing layouts, I want to know where to find things.
I run my browser set to block third party scripts to get away from sites that like to jump around as the mouse goes over them.
I have a forum and blog for my Celestia fork up, and may do something like them for this if needed.

http://www.simulatorlabbs.com/forks/

The main change is I have altered the column that gives folder sizes.
Instead of running a disk intensive recursive loop and adding up files sizes.
It uses a secondary program from void tools https://voidtools.com/ called everything.
Everything is a realtime filesystem monitoring program that really does what windows search claims it does, and better than M$ ever did it.
Folder size for 150 or so folders takes approximately 1 second to show up, whether local or an indexed remote share share.
Bugs remain however, like if the folder is unindexed, working on that.

I also eliminated the double click on open space taking you up one level, it drives me nuts.
I altered the ordering in the folder tree and of files so it is a straight sort, it no longer tries to guess based on numbers in names.
I changed the 'bytes' to 'B' in details view.
It also now shows file extension for folders.

If you choose to test it, you will need a minimum of two files.
Either Explorer++x86.exe & Everything32.dll, or Explorer++x64.exe & Everything64.dll, depending on whether you want 32 or 64 bit.
The DLL is customized from the Everything SDK for my purposes.

I will be posting the archived source once I am done cleaning up my notes after finishing a few last bits.
The exes may be updated as well.

My next challenge is to integrate a version of the search improvements Edgar5 offered.
I disagree with his layout changes in the source, but the search pane looks better, and I may setup a dual choice.
One that launches the improvements, and the other that launches Everything.

Janus.
Janus

Re: Personal fork feedback requested.

Post by Janus »

Okay, I have now uploaded the explorer++ source.

explorerplusplus-180302.zip

It is setup to use VS2013, Boost 1.64, Pantheios 1.01 Beta16 & Stlsoft 1.9.124 which I am using.

Environmental variables used as follows
Boost, Panthieos, StlSoft.

I will be updating with the last few changes from github in the next few days.
I will post new binaries and archives when I do.

Janus.