Sort folders tabs by name?

Ask any support questions here
rei2work

Sort folders tabs by name?

Post by rei2work »

maybe I am missing something obvious here but is there a way to sort folder tabs by name?

After working in Windows for a while, I always end up with multiple duplicated folders in the tab. I would like to sort the folders by name so it's easier to manage duplicated tabs.
20190131132714.jpg
20190131132714.jpg (120.23 KiB) Viewed 5260 times
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Sort folders tabs by name?

Post by David Erceg »

There's not currently, no. I have, however, been working on adding some scripting functionality to Explorer++ the last few days. That would make it possible to implement this functionality with a small amount of scripting. I've built a script to do this using the current set of API methods I've implemented.

Having said that, the scripting changes haven't yet been pushed to the GitHub repository. That means they're not available in any build of Explorer++ yet. They'll probably be pushed soon, but even once they are, there won't be any functionality to load scripts from a file. That will be implemented, but it would mean building up a more complete API and plugin system. Also, for a feature like this, you'd really want a script to be able to add a menu item or hotkey to invoke the sorting behavior. I do have some plans to add that sort of functionality, but I don't know exactly when it will happen.

Once the changes have been pushed, there will be a dialog that allows you to manually run scripting commands. You'll need to start Explorer++ with a command line flag to enable it. As this is a good example of something that can be done fairly easily within the scripting system, I'll probably add the script I have to do this to the repository. You would then be able to sort tabs by copying and pasting the script into the scripting dialog and running it. If you have a lot of tabs, it could save you some time.