Can't set Explorer++ as default File Manager

Ask any support questions here
Gezza

Can't set Explorer++ as default File Manager

Post by Gezza »

Despite having Explorer++ set as the default file manager in Options > General, Windows Explorer still opens folders by default. I am on the latest release of Win 10, Ver 1803. Can anybody help?
tallguy297

Re: Can't set Explorer++ as default File Manager

Post by tallguy297 »

I uploaded the current version to my Google Drive which works very well with MS Windows 10.
Click Here to download installer.
For proper installation, run as administrator.

Thankyou.
Gezza

Re: Can't set Explorer++ as default File Manager

Post by Gezza »

Thanks Tallguy297,

My Explorer++ was the current version, but I've downloaded and installed it again and it now uses Exp++ as the default File Manager - hooray. However I now seem to have two new problems:

1. I don't normally have the Exp++ window maximised, but now every time I open Exp++ it displays as a very short window (short vertically) and no matter how many times I adjust its length to the full screen depth it defaults to the short window on a new start. It is OK if the window is maximised.

2. Every time I open a folder on the desktop the Windows UAC pops up with the request: "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device" - very annoying. This does not occur if I open Exp++ from the start bar.

Any help will be appreciated.