Next Version?

Ask any support questions here
Viracocha

Next Version?

Post by Viracocha »

Was just wondering if you had plans for realeasing another version soon with all the fixes you've implemented so far?

Trying to do everything in your to-do list would probably take ages (if your anything like me it'll be a very long list with hundreds of little changes) so a stable 1.0.1 release with all the changes you've done so far would be great. :D
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Next Version?

Post by David Erceg »

I know what you mean, the todo list I have seems to get longer and longer; if I tried to complete everything I don't think I would ever finish :mrgreen:

I actually just started a month of programming contract work two weeks ago though, which is why I haven't released any new version yet. It's a lot more time consuming/tiring than I expected it to be, and I haven't been able to put a lot of time into Explorer++. Depending on how much time I'm able to devote to development, it could be another week ot two before any new version is released.
Viracocha

Post by Viracocha »

Just stiring the pot again hoping for a new version very soon as a nuber of the major bugs like the folder view not doing drag and drop are really starting to get to me, i find myself having to use the win7 explorer on occasion for a lot of copying tasks and anyone who has used it knows how horrible it is and how desperate i must of got! ;)

Also, i do have alot of experience in programming windows shell and COM objects in win32 C/C++ so if you need help with explorer++ please ask as i'll be happy to lend a hand.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

I've continued on with the programming contract work that I started last December, which is the main reason for the lack of a new version. Christmas/new years has also slowed things down.

I've had a change of heart with regards to the status of the source code for E++ though. I think it would be great to have at least some level of collobaration with other programmers, so I'll soon be releasing the source. Hopefully this will mean you'll be able to fix the drag and drop bug you mentioned, instead of waiting all year for me to get round to it ;)
Viracocha

Post by Viracocha »

That would be great :D

I suggest releasing it with a gpl license and through an svn, that way you can keep some control over what is still mostly your project. I look forward to helping you out ;)
avoidz

Post by avoidz »

This is an important program to the Windows world (especially for Vista and 7 users), and I also add my anticipation of the next version when time permits :)

Cheers!
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Working on it as we speak :)