search not defaulting to current folder

Ask any support questions here
glibble

search not defaulting to current folder

Post by glibble »

For a couple of years now I've been living with an odd behavior that's really annoying. Search no longer always defaults to the currently active directory, but sometimes instead defaults to a previously searched subdirectory in the same hierarchy. It doesn't do this all the time, but once it happens in a particular directory, it will default to the same subdirectory in that hierarchy forever after.

Example: In C:\Dir1\Dir2\Dir3, press Ctrl-F. Search directory is Dir3 as it should be. Do a search and close everything up.
Next day, try to do a search in C:\Dir1\Dir2, but instead of defaulting to Dir2 like it should, Search pops up with Dir3.

Like I said, this doesn't happen all the time. But once it does happen, whenever I try to search the upper directory in the hierarchy (Dir2 in this case), the lower subdirectory which got chosen for some reason--I've taken to calling them the "chosen ones"--is always the default when I Search. Doesn't matter whether I use Ctrl-F, the magnifying glass icon on the toolbar, or the menu option; the same behavior occurs.

My options are pretty much permanently set to Case Insensitive and Search Subfolders. Everything else remains unchecked.

I'm using 1.4.0.105. Is this a known issue for that build?