Am I the only one here still using VS2015?

Ask any support questions here
Janus

Am I the only one here still using VS2015?

Post by Janus »

I ask because I am both confused, and frustrated.
Recent changes are using "Windows Implementation Library", which as far as I can tell, require VS2019, though apparently some have been able to get it to work with VS2017.

I use VS2015, and have not been able to install VS2017 because it breaks things on my system, something I will solve eventually.
I am aware that if a compiler breaks things, my setup is delicate, but I find the default win7 desktop unusable without mods.
However, I also can not afford VS2017/9, and have no M$ account which is needed to use community.
Nor shall I ever have one, that issue is a non starter.

VS also gets worse to use for me with each new version.
So now what?
I use explorer++ everyday, it replaces the useless vestigial explorer M$ foisted on the world.
Do I freeze the commit of explorer++ I use?
I have tweaks I use to eliminate things I dislike, or prefer otherwise, and I use voidtools everything in my setup.
I want to keep up, Yet I am unable to tweak WIL enough to compile it with VS2015.

Now what?

Janus.
Edgar5

Re: Am I the only one here still using VS2015?

Post by Edgar5 »

Janus wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:53 amDo I freeze the commit of explorer++ I use?
There are number of open source projects which I rely on and have modified considerably. My solution is to freeze the commit of the open source project then keep very close track of bug fixes (and occasionally enhancements) keeping my local version bug-fixed.