Folder format display not being retained per folder

Ask any support questions here
Expplusplusman

Folder format display not being retained per folder

Post by Expplusplusman »

This is a very frustrating long standing issue with Windows Explorer and File Explorer.
I have been using Explorer++ for a long time and it has the same issue or I think it does unless I've missed something.
Explorer++ doesn't seem to retain the View format per folder e.g. Details, Medium Icons, List, Thumbnails etc.
Is this suppose to work in Explorer++ or does it just rely on the settings for Windows which don't work?
Does anyone know a cure for this, apart from the ones given for Windows i.e. Registry hack, Folder option Reset.
Thanks.
unsorted42

Re: Folder format display not being retained per folder

Post by unsorted42 »

I'm waiting for the same thing ... but do you know of a registry hack that works with the current release of win10? All the ones I've tried no longer work. Until there's a stable hack or explorer++ comes out with that ability (it was flagged back in 2009 or so as a future feature), I have to stay with win7 (the reg hacks still work there), which is really POing off IT at work! I've checked dozens and dozens of explorer alternatives and explorer++ is the only one that even offers a vague hope that this feature may one day be included.
Expplusplusman

Post by Expplusplusman »

unsorted42 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:42 am... but do you know of a registry hack that works with the current release of win10? ...
No I don't, I've recently moved to Win10.
Although I loved Win7 I thought it best to (albeit reluctantly) move to Win10.
unsorted42

Post by unsorted42 »

Explorer++ is the only vague promise of an answer to this and that was over 10 years ago with nothing since. Since I make very heavy use of non-sorted icon placements in explorer folders, I'll be sticking with win7 as long as I can nurse the old beast along or a fix comes out. Fortunately, I go for high end custom built gaming rigs, so they last a heck of a lot longer before becoming obsolete for general use than off the shelf computers.