Unable change Default File Manager (W10)

Ask any support questions here
john.bergman

Unable change Default File Manager (W10)

Post by john.bergman »

Running windows 10, I had setup Explorer++ to Replace Explorer for all folders (vista and later).

I now would like to change the setting, however even running as administrator, I am getting an error:

Error encountered while changing default file manager status. Please ensure you have administrator priviledges.

I ran it buy right-clicking it and running it as administrator.

Please help!
John
tallguy297

Re: Unable change Default File Manager (W10)

Post by tallguy297 »

You could try version 1.4.0.1588 I uploaded on 26th March 2020. It integrates beautifully with Windows 10.
If you decide to uninstall it, all the registry associations as set back to default.
Look further down the posts.

Regards,
Alex.
jmc

Post by jmc »

I have the same problem,not being able to replace Windows Explorer with Explorer++. I downloaded what I think is the latest version but my version is 1.3.5.531 (64 bit). I have windows 10 Pro
I am not able to locate the version you mention with the higher number.
If there is a later version of Explorer++, I would like to download and install it.
Maybe then I could replace Windows explorer completely. I've tried opening it as administrator, etc.
It's annoying the to have so many programs and sites default to windows explorer and then I have a lot more steps to take to save documents, etc.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Jack
jmc

Post by jmc »

Great. I finally figured it out. I have download the executable and will install. Many thanks!
Jack/John