Other programs can't open directories in Explorer++

Ask any support questions here
Ad-Man-Gamer

Other programs can't open directories in Explorer++

Post by Ad-Man-Gamer »

So, I decided to give letting Explorer++ takeover as my main explorer. however, I have ran into a problem that makes it unusable as a total replacement.

In other applications that have triggers to show a file in it's directory, or open a folder in explorer, Explorer++ just seems to look blankly into the distance and doesn't do anything.

I know the applications are handing the command over to Explorer++. This is because i set compatibility to administrator to see if the program is even called. When I click "Show in folder" in New Edge; "open outside" on a folder in 7zip or "Open File Location" in Task Manager, I get a UAC prompt to allow Explorer++ to run as administrator. However, E++ does not open and just fails silently.

If anyone can help regarding this problem i would be greatly thankful.

Explorer++: v1.4.0.1637 beta (64-bit build)

Logs: I can't find any logging options. Will need help locating debug data.
Ad-Man-Gamer

Re: Other programs can't open directories in Explorer++

Post by Ad-Man-Gamer »

Ok. it seems to be opening now (I don't know what I did), but its behaviour is erratic. Sometimes it will open immediately, sometimes after a few seconds, but sometimes it can take over 10 seconds to open... I'm at a loss, as I have disabled all shell extensions using SellExView and it is still not useable.

It also takes about 3 seconds for EPP to open directly, and all the directory's will open immediately if I click them within EPP. It just seems to be very slow to responding to other programs telling it to open a directory or file location.