PDF preview

Ask any support questions here
doc

PDF preview

Post by doc »

I did a search but saw that this hasn't been asked for a couple years now. The release notes for version 0.9.5.4 say that "Any file that can be previewed in Explorer can now be previewed in Explorer++." But, on my Windows 10 PC, I can't preview PDFs. JPGs, TXTs, etc, preview ok. It's a real PITA to need to open every single PDF with an obscure name I come across to see what's in it. Am I missing something? Oh, and, yes, I can preview PDFs in Windows Explorer.
Thanks in advance!
doc

Re: PDF preview

Post by doc »

No one else with this problem? I would think that being able to preview PDFs would be a pretty big deal to a lot of people, so I thought maybe I was missing something.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

If the previews are being generated by Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, this should be fixed in the development build soon.
ajkessel

Post by ajkessel »

Windows Explorer shows me PDF previews and thumbnails (via Acrobat Professional 2020) but neither the stable nor beta release of Explorer++ is showing PDF previews. Is this still unsupported? Shouldn't Explorer++ be able to leverage the same shell extension that Windows Explorer is using?
aminch

Post by aminch »

Agreed. I need that feature as soon as it is available.
I am waiting for that feature to use Explorer++ as my permanent default explorer.
It is critical for me too as I work with pdf every day.
Thank you for a great program.
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I have the same problem with Explorer++, which I just downloaded. How quickly do new versions of Explorer++ come out, which might fix this issue?