Explorer++ was working, but now only appears as a process

Ask any support questions here
DT1

Explorer++ was working, but now only appears as a process

Post by DT1 »

Hi,

I've been using Explorer++ for several months on Windows 10 Pro x64. I was then ready to take the next step and try to make it the default for all 'explorer' uses.

I read somewhere that I needed administrator rights to effect this settings change. But ever since I've run it as admin, an E++ process starts (seen via Task Manager), but no UI whatsoever. Multiple attempts to run it just results in a commensurate number of processes, but still no UI.

I've tried re-starting my machine (my goto in case of such probs), but no luck.

I've deleted the E++ folder, and re-extracting from the zip file, but still nothing changed.

And now I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Hoping someone with a better understanding could kindly point out what I've done wrong / how to make E++ the default.

Many thanks.
YaenP

Re: Explorer++ was working, but now only appears as a process

Post by YaenP »

Hello,
I'm stucked in the same place. Found Explorer++ great, wanna use it as Explorer but can't. I'm as admin on W10 (family updated to pro), but found somewhere how to reveal a "super"admin and in this account, I can't do things as a real admin not by clicking right and execute as admin choice.
I think the W10 family doesn't set people to pure admin.

Edit : it now works great. Explorer++ works as Explorer but I try to put it in Program Files and had to redoo everything.
I started Explorer++ as admin (right click) and uses Tools Options and replace Explorer everywhere.
Last edited by YaenP on Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.