Default Windows File Explorer and Control Panel Missing

Ask any support questions here
Techminator

Default Windows File Explorer and Control Panel Missing

Post by Techminator »

I had installed Explorer++ to try out the tabbed feature some many months ago. Initially I liked it and so set it as the default file explorer. Later on, I came across certain features that I was missing from the default windows file explorer so I uninstalled Explorer++ without first reverting to the default file explorer and that is when the following issue started.

Windows File explorer won't load. Even using the task manager to start a new task by entering explorer.exe gives as error which says "Application not found". Also, Control Panel won't load and I get the same error message. I tried several solutions including upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10. I also contacted Microsoft support and told them what happened and they tried certain solutions which did not fix the issue and advised me to reinstall Windows which I don't want to do, not before I have tried every single solution out there to fix this issue. As of now, I am using Explorer++ since there is on way for me to access my files without a file explorer since the default windows explorer won't load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.