Giant sized icons on drag and drop

Ask any support questions here
Rick_R

Giant sized icons on drag and drop

Post by Rick_R »

A few years ago, I bought a new PC with Windows 10. I had been using XP for a very long time. I was happy to find Explorer++ because Windows 10 has such a poor file explorer. Explorer++ Ver 1.3.5 works very well except that it sometimes closes down in the middle of moving files. I saw this mentioned in the forum, so I just lived with it.

Recently, I downloaded the latest Explorer++ ver 1.4 and it seems much more stable. However one major problem keeps me from using it is that when I try to drag a file, the icon jumps to a very large size making it hard to see the target folder where I intend to drop the file. (I always stay in View/list mode where all icons are little).

Windows 10 File Explorer has always had this problem. Googling for a fix tells me Microsoft doesn't care, and it won't be fixed. The only thing that stopped the icons from jumping large when trying to move a file was Explorer++ Ver 1.3.5. So, I really hope there is a simple fix that will let me switch to the more stable Explorer++ Ver 1.4.

Thanks,
Rick R.
Rick_R

Re: Giant sized icons on drag and drop

Post by Rick_R »

Odd that no one replied to this post. Complaints of giant size icons on drag and drop are all over the internet with no fixes in sight. I think it's an inherent problem that Microsoft is ignoring. However, the 32-bit Beta version of Explorer++ does not have this problem and seems to be quite stable, so that's what I'm using now. Explorer++ 64-bit Beta has giant icons on drag and drop.