Bookmark Toolbar

Ask any support questions here
GCP

Bookmark Toolbar

Post by GCP »

Hi,

Using V1.1 64 bit, Win 7 and the Bookmark toolbar does not show bookmarks.

What's up with that?

Any idea when we can expect the next release?

Thanks,

Tom
AnotherLife

Re: Bookmark Toolbar

Post by AnotherLife »

Have you added any bookmarks ? Works fine here, same system and version.
GCP

Post by GCP »

I've added a whole bunch of them, making sure to check the "show on toolbar" box. After I added about the 10th one, two little arrows appeared at the right hand side of the bookmarks toolbar. I click them and it shows the last bookmark I added. Otherwise, the entire bar is blank.
undine

Post by undine »

I have just started using Explorer++, but am also having the problem with no bookmarks showing up in the bookmarks toolbar. When I drag a folder to the toolbar, it shows up on the drop down list of bookmarks, but not on the toolbar. I am using ver. 1.1 (32bit) with Win 7 (32bit). I tried the program on my XP (32 bit) and it worked great (NO PROBLEM). In both cases I am using the portable conf. THANKS for a great app. undine.
AnotherLife

Post by AnotherLife »

You have to go to "Organize Bookmarks" and then Properties for the bookmark, then set the checkbox to "show on toolbar"

Then, if needed, go to "View"> "Toolbars" and enable Bookmark toolbar

:mrgreen:
GCP

Post by GCP »

Thanks, but I did all that already.
undine

Post by undine »

I have also done as you say. undine
undine

Post by undine »

Well, I did some more checking and this is what I found here. If you go to the Personalization page on Win 7 and click on " Display " , then change the size from " Medium-125% " to " Smaller " , then the folders appear in the Bookmark Toolbar. I hope something can be done to get the Medium setting to work. I can't see the Smaller font very well. undine.
GCP

Post by GCP »

Thanks for tracking that down, Undine!

I can confirm that the bookmarks toolbar gets populated when fonts are set to 100%.

I can't run my machine that way, very well. I use 125%.

I posted this on the Bug Report section.
cumbrianbloke

Post by cumbrianbloke »

Scale factors can still be used without erroneously hiding bookmarks.

Although 125% may not result in bookmarks being visible, 130% may work fine. I'm running Windows 10 and it allows scale factor 130% no problem. That may not be the case for everyone, but try experimenting.

In a nutshell:
- Experiment with different acceptable scale factors as desired (130% works for me) until you stumble across one that is satisfactory and allows Explorer++ bookmarks to appear.
- To change scale factor: right click desktop, select Display Settings, and select "Advanced scaling settings".