Explorer++ Help file

Ask any support questions here
AllenT

Explorer++ Help file

Post by AllenT »

:arrow: Note: the latest version of the Help file can be found on my page here!
====================================================================
Greetings to all!

Allen here - new member - with a request. I have commenced a detailed help file for Explorer++ (David's hands are full, with programming, life and all); the project is well underway, and continuing to grow.

Please visit my page (see link above) to download the current help file and read about how you can help with the project. There are instructions on contacting me at the bottom of the page.

The Help file is in compiled HTML (ie. CHM format) with lots of screen captures and image maps for navigation. Check it out! I look forward to hearing from Explorer++ users.
ajs

Re: Explorer++ Help file

Post by ajs »

Well done Allen,
the help looks great, at least at a first quick look through.
PietO

Post by PietO »

ajs wrote:Well done Allen,
the help looks great, at least at a first quick look through.
Fully agreed, well done (although almost all functions are more-or-less self explaining).
mike65

Post by mike65 »

really aggre.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks for info... :P
HansBKK

Post by HansBKK »

The help file is a great resource. I am currently exploring different ways to generate such online documents from single-source.

There may be people who would like to contribute additions/modifications to this resource but don't have the time or expertise to actually learn and set up the authoring environment.

If such contributions were posted here over time, it is likely that I would use it as a sample project for my FOSS toolchain, in not only HTML help (CHM - the file format Allen used here) but also web pages, EPUB, PDF and others. So far the best toolsets I'm looking at include Pandoc, Sphinx and variations of DocBook.

And of course such docs would also be helpful in the meantime as plain text within the forum, especially since this is a sticky.
MRJr

Post by MRJr »

The link at the first post of this thread, regarding the help file, does not appear to work.
Is there a current location for a help file?
Lonscale Bear

Post by Lonscale Bear »

Hi, I've downloaded the Help .chm file and "Unblocked" it in file Properties. I then moved file to Explorer++ folder but file was not recognised when Help selected in Explorer++. Any ideas please.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Is there a current location for a help file?
You can get it from the download page on this site.

Lonscale: If it won't launch from Explorer++ for some reason, just open the .chm file separately.
Lonscale Bear

Post by Lonscale Bear »

OK, have created desktop shortcut, many thanks.
johngie

Post by johngie »

If I double click on the chm file, I get "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled for every item I try to open. :oops:

Where do I go from here?

John