Tree View Lost

Ask any support questions here
garyw

Tree View Lost

Post by garyw »

I reduced the size of the Tree view to invisible, and now I can't restore it. I wanted to try uninstalling the program to get the defaults back, but don't see how to uninstall the program, either. Any advice on either issue? I ultimately want to use the config.xml file, so that I can use multiple copies of the program in different ways.
ajs

Re: Tree View Lost

Post by ajs »

garyw wrote:I reduced the size of the Tree view to invisible, and now I can't restore it. I wanted to try uninstalling the program to get the defaults back, but don't see how to uninstall the program, either. Any advice on either issue? I ultimately want to use the config.xml file, so that I can use multiple copies of the program in different ways.
not sure what you mean by "invisible size".
anyhow if you want to reinstall, you can simply delete the folder of E++ and reinstall again. But if you use the registry to store the settings, you may have the same behavior.
garyw

Post by garyw »

Thank you for your reply. By "lost", I mean it was not visible at all--there wasn't even a bar I could grab to resize it (the Folder/Tree View). I solved the problem by searching the registry for the explorer++ key, and deleting it entirely.

After carrying out this fix, I have found that I can successfully have more than one copy of the program installed, each running in portable mode, and each exhibiting the configuration that I want. I think it should work out well.

It's moot for me, now, but I still don't know how one would uninistall, though--deleting the program folder doesn't remove the registry settings.
shootist

Post by shootist »

You don't need to have ++ in 2 different folder to open to different windows of the program. Just keep clicking on the shortcut and it will open a new windows of ++.
Now I guess if you wanted to different views, one Details the other icon or thumbnail, and have them stay that way then you need to do what you are doing. Otherwise the last windows, view settings, you close will be what you get the next time you open ++.
luckyluna

Post by luckyluna »

I had this same issue.

I resized the Tree View's Pane by dragging it, but I went too far left. When I released the left mouse button, I could not select/click the resize line (indicator? bar?) anymore, and I could not see anything inside the Tree View Pane. My Explorer++ window now looked like the "Folders" button was disabled (off), but the "Folders" button was clearly showing that it was enabled (on), and clicking the button did not restore the Tree View Pane.

After trying many other things first, which did not resolve my issue, I resorted to looking through the registry for a fix.

I eventually found out that the value of the DWORD "TreeViewWidth" located in: "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Explorer++\Settings" needed to be modified.

My solution:

Close all open Explorer++ Windows.

Open the registry and navigate to:

"Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Explorer++\Settings"

The "Settings" Key should contain the DWORD "TreeViewWidth"

Double-Click on "TreeViewWidth".

Left-Click the "Decimal" radio button.

In the "Value data:" box, delete the value inside of it.

In the "Value data:" box, input a positive integer. I suggest: 100

I think this uses the position of the Explorer++ Window's left boarder as a Y-Axis (starting point). The value of the "TreeViewWidth" DWORD is then used to move that specific number of pixels to the right along an X-Axis. The destination is the resize line's location (relative to the Y-Axis).

Select (Left-Click) the "OK" button.

Open/Launch the Explorer++ File Browser.

Make sure the "Folders" Tree is enabled.

To do so: Select "View" in the File Menu and make sure "Folders" has a checkmark next to it.

Make sure you can see and resize the "Folders" Tree Pane.

If this does not work, close all open Explorer++ Windows and try a larger, positive integer, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 (no commas) until you can see the "Folders" Tree Pane again.

Good luck.