two questions

Ask any support questions here
roam

two questions

Post by roam »

1.When i drag file in Files pane,why the icon below appears?I guess it should be the "icon-shadow" of dragged files, but it appears in a wrong position.(under windows2003&explorer++ 1.2)

2.How to open multi-tab that i defined at startup.
AllenT

Re: two questions

Post by AllenT »

roam,

Q1: I can't duplicate the dragging behaviour in XP (SP3). I presume you are in Icons view or similar. But, I have found that the Windows Registry can cause a few issues if it gets "corrupted" - try starting Explorer++ from a command prompt (in the Explorer++ 'installation' folder) with the command:

explorer++.exe -clear_settings

This will (unfortunately?) nuke the current settings. Do this with Explorer++ closed, of course (using Windows Explorer?, or just navigate to the folder with the Run (Start menu) command. You will have to spend a minute or two tweaking things to put it back the way you had it.

Q2: Make sure that Options/General - On startup: Load previous tabs is enabled. There should be no other reason why your tabs are not preserved.

- Allen
roam

Post by roam »

Thank you,AllenT

Q1.I have run the command in the Explorer++ 'installation' folder,but the issue still remain.I later viewed in other mode(list,details,etc.) and ran Exp++ in my vmware(xp sp3 system).The issue occured all the same.

Q2.I mean the tabs i defined,not the previous tabs :)
ajs

Post by ajs »

see here for one more possible reason for losing multi-tab setting
http://www.explorerplusplus.com/forum/v ... 2558#p2558
roam

Post by roam »

I solved the first question:open the "show window contents while dragging" in display properties,
but i really don't like to open it. = =!