Alt Menu Hotkey Support (Assign #1-8 to View options)

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
WandersFar

Alt Menu Hotkey Support (Assign #1-8 to View options)

Post by WandersFar »

I’ve written the following script in AHK that switches to Details view, sorts by Size, sorts Descending, and then applies Autosize Columns to show everything:

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive ahk_class Explorer++
/::
SendInput !v{Down 9}{Enter}
Sleep, 200
SendInput !vos!vod!vs
Return
This would be a lot easier if there were consistent hotkey support in the View menu. As you can see, you have to send the Down arrow NINE TIMES just to select the Details view! Then you have to send Enter and sleep for a fraction of a second before proceeding, or it won’t work.

Can you please assign some kind of hotkey to Details so this task could be accomplished in one keystroke instead of ten?

Likewise all the View options (Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, Medium Icons, Small Icons, List, Details, Thumbnails, Tiles) ought to have an associated hotkey. There are eight possible views, so how about numbers 1 through 8? Numbers aren’t used anywhere in the View menu, so they’re available.

Of course what I’d really love would be the ability to edit my own hotkeys in the settings of the program, but I understand that’s a much bigger undertaking. Just assigning numbers to those views would be a big help, though!

Thank you for considering my suggestion.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Alt Menu Hotkey Support (Assign #1-8 to View options)

Post by David Erceg »

Hi WandersFar, this has already been implemented in the dev version, thanks to a patch from the member of the community.
WandersFar

Post by WandersFar »

Thank you for that. Here’s the amended script:

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive ahk_class Explorer++
/::SendInput ^+6!vos!vod!vs
Much simpler!

I’d still love if we could modify hotkeys directly in the program. Any chance of that someday?
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

I spent some time looking into the specifics of what would need to be done at the end of last year, so it is something I've been planning to do. I don't think I can give an exact timeframe, since it depends on what other work I have going on.
spritsamsung

Post by spritsamsung »

With the search option, Exp++ appears to be acting independently. I have trouble searching for a specific.docx file that is nested many folders deep inside a subfolder, but other files that are comparable to it do not experience the same issuethe backrooms. If I search a subfolder one level below the file, it will locate the same nested file, but if I search the root of my USB, it will not find this file. OR A other, identically nested file is successfully located if I search the USB's root for it. Both Seach Subfolders and Case Insensitive are checked in my browser. Today, the docx file was only uploaded to the USB. I doubt that it has anything to do with it.