I hope explorer++ support teracopy

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
abc123

I hope explorer++ support teracopy

Post by abc123 »

I use teracopy instead of system copy :lol: , very nice :idea: , but exploer++ not support it. so I hope explorer++ support teracopy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
thundt

Re: I hope explorer++ support teracopy

Post by thundt »

I concur, Teracopy is awesome.
Just tried it on E++ 1.3.4.485 x86 and it does not call Teracopy (2.27) to accomplish a cross-drive copy.

Apparently the way it works is to register itself as the copy/move handler. E++ is not picking up on that.

Thanks
-Th
Randall

Post by Randall »

thundt wrote:I concur, Teracopy is awesome.
Just tried it on E++ 1.3.4.485 x86 and it does not call Teracopy (2.27) to accomplish a cross-drive copy.

Apparently the way it works is to register itself as the copy/move handler. E++ is not picking up on that.
This has been addressed before and will probably be fixed in an upcoming release — if you right-click and drag Teracopy/Teramove will display (and work) as options when you drop the file (even show as default, since it is the windows context menu but E++ doesn't currently look there). Left-click & drag uses the presumed default however — the system’s builtin copy.
coolrat33

Post by coolrat33 »

Explorer++ is amazing. I've raved about it many times before.

Regarding Teracopy, I also rely heavily on copy tools.
But why Teracopy? It is a proprietary tool.
The copy tool UltraCopier is open source and is being actively developed.
Its a great, cross platform tool that I've been using extensively for some time.
http://ultracopier.first-world.info/
I purchased the ULTIMATE version to support the developer's efforts (http://ultracopier-shop.first-world.info/)

Considering that Explorer++ is open source, why not include support for Ultracopier and help increase interest and the widespread use of such outstanding open source tools? Explorer++ and Ultracopier would be an ideal set of tools! And open source too!

Also, when will a new version of Explorer++ be released? I'm still using Version 1.3.4.485 (12/11/2011), but am anxiously awaiting a new version.

Thank you very much!

R.A.
alpha_one_x86

Post by alpha_one_x86 »

Hello,

I have do the windows explorer plugin (respect the catchcopy protocol) for ultracopier.
If I can help to the integration. It's few .c/.h to include, and few lines into the program.

Cheer,
coolrat33

Post by coolrat33 »

The last post, by alpha_one_x86, was by the amazing developer of UltraCopier.

It would be great if the developers here might get in touch with him and see if there are some good ways to link the functions of Ultracopier (open-source) with those of Explorer++ (also open source).

This really looks like a great combination.
Misterd

Post by Misterd »

Why can't Explorer++ just handle trickled/throttled copy by itself?

and if not, explorer++ should still be able to support both teracopy and ultracopier.
but only hint to use ultracopier. Teracopy can use it's big $ to promote itself.
jadinolf

Post by jadinolf »

All I really ask for is that it is more stable than Powerdesk... and it is... :)
coolrat33

Post by coolrat33 »

Having Explore++ sync well with UltraCopier will be a photographer-researcher's dream!