Close button for each tab...

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
carlos_gm

Close button for each tab...

Post by carlos_gm »

could be it possible, for each tab has its own close button ? (instead doble mouse-click to close tab)
Jos

Re: Close button for each tab...

Post by Jos »

I have used DOPUS and swichted to Explorer++ and also missing the close buttons. Could it added as an option?
stealthnyc

Post by stealthnyc »

Close buttons would be great, similar to Chrome
Edgar5

Post by Edgar5 »

The mouse double-click is not very discoverable but, once learned (since it may be deployed anywhere within the tab area) is arguably better than - at least as good as - clicking the specific location of the close button. Isn't there a big red close button at the extreme right end of the tab line which closes the current tab? If you are going to have to move the mouse pointer up to the tab line anyway, it's probably just as easy to move it to that close button.
Janus

Post by Janus »

So that is what happens with directory tabs disappearing at random, taking the window with it of course.
It never occurred to me to check for something like that, that is nuts.

Located the setting in options and disabled it. {YAY!, it is dead!}
I am already fighting an issue, but I will trim this out of my fork just like I did the doubleclick to navigate up.

Still, over all, when combined with openshell, 7+ taskbar tweaker & network lights, explorer++ it makes win7 almost XP like, though I would still prefer 2K.

I will also be searching for the put a close button on each tab.
Unless of course I can find a tabless layout option, which I prefer.
Currently fighting not automatically updating network shares on server when they are altered by another process or user.

Janus.