File Menu Bar and Toolbar Customization

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
TheBestMeICanBe

File Menu Bar and Toolbar Customization

Post by TheBestMeICanBe »

first, a big thank you to the code wizards who work on this project.

Now, I was wondering, is there any chance of gaining the ability to have the other toolbars sit on the file menu bar? Explorer++ is the closest option to the XP Explorer that I know and love, but I get seriously irked by that big stretch of wasted space to the right of the file menu bar.

As a crude illustration of what I mean, here is my preferred XP Explorer toolbar layout (#'s are the command buttons, ie forward, back, move to,etc ):

File Edit View Favorites Etc | # # # # | address bar

vs

the best I can get with Explorer++:

File Edit View Favorites Etc | WASTED SPACE WASTED SPACE AND MORE WASTED SPACE
# # # # | address ( WITH LOTS OF WASTED SPACE ) bar

I just find being able to stick it all on one line makes the UI look cleaner and more efficient, giving me a little extra space to see and manage my actual files, which is what I use the program for.

Also, it'd be nice if one had the option to move / remove the file menu if he wanted to. The same goes for the "go" button to the right of the address bar, which I find entirely useless since the "enter" key is almost always faster in my workflow. I'd like to be able to hide it since I never use it, or have the option of moving it to a location where it could potentially offer more utility to me.

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll give these minor requests some consideration for a not-too-distant-future release. I'm sure there's more than a few lost XP souls out there like myself who'd appreciate just a smidge more control over the layout of the interface. But much respect for the work you've already done, it's made it a bit easier for me to deal with the post-XP world.

thanks again,
jm
ulick

Re: File Menu Bar and Toolbar Customization

Post by ulick »

as a minimalist, i can confirm this would be extremely useful.