MSI installers for Explorer++ 1.3.5

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
abqbill

MSI installers for Explorer++ 1.3.5

Post by abqbill »

Hi all,

I have updated the MSI installers for Explorer++ to version 1.3.5. You can download them here:

http://www.westmesatech.com/epp/explore ... .5_x86.msi (32-bit version)

http://www.westmesatech.com/epp/explore ... .5_x64.msi (64-bit version)

There is a public property DESKTOPICON -- if set to '1' then the installer will create an Explorer++ shortcut on the 'All Users' desktop. Otherwise, it will only create a shortcut in the Start menu.

If you install the MSI on a machine that had an older version, it will automatically uninstall the old version and install the new version.

Bill
tallguy297

Explorer++ version 1.3.2016.0207 Windows 7 Install program

Post by tallguy297 »

Anyone interested, I created an install / uninstall program for Explorer++ version 1.3.2016.0207.
It's installable on Windows 7 and installs the 32 or 64 bit version depending on the architecture.

The help file is included as well as a free applications in the applications toolbar - Icon Explorer.
The "Windows Logo + E" is captured to Explorer++.

When this software is installed it will automatically take over Windows Explorer and replace it with this one.
If the program is uninstalled, any registry changes will revert back to defaults.
There are no shortcuts created on the desktop or in the start menu.
The program can only be uninstalled using the Programs and Features in the Control Panel.

This installation has been modified to work with elevated directory & file permissions.

This install / uninstall is completely safe and has been tested on Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit versions).
Currently due to compatibility issues with Windows 8 and above, I have made this installer only work with Windows 7.

This version is courtesy of dilosec. Many thanks for the improvements.

Click here for the installation program. :mrgreen:
Last edited by tallguy297 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
megar

Re: MSI installers for Explorer++ 1.3.5

Post by megar »

Hi tallguy297.
Sorry if I seem rude, but who are you and where does this new explorer++ version come from ?

I installed it on a VM, and saw that it bundles with EXE explorer (EXE.exe) and Icon Explorer (IconExplorer.exe) and another one name WinE.exe, that are not related to David Erceg.

I don't claim that your upload is malicious, but I am very surprised to find a new version of Explorer++. Maybe you're related to David, I don't know, but for the time being, I am asking about where this version come from.
tallguy297

Post by tallguy297 »

Hi megar,

The Explorer++ in my install program is the nightly build from this web site.
The extra applications are freeware and there was no permission required from the author to integrate these into the installation.
The WinE was added because it was mentioned on the home page about opening Explorer++ from the Windows Logo E key, so I included integrated that functionality as well as the help file.

I did this because there a probably a lot of users who do not know how to install programs or configure software. So I just decided to make it a little easier.
megar

Post by megar »

Thank for your answer about the included programs. However I still don't see where the new version (1.3.99) come from.
The official last version is still 1.3.5
I would be very happy to hear that Explorer++ is updating again.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

1.3.99 is the nightly build.
doomcake

Post by doomcake »

Tallguy ,is the link above 1.3.99 the most recent build u made ?
i have a feeling it might be ,seeing as the last build was v1.35.
But i was just asking in case you've done anything new since 1.3.99.