Coloured tabs

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
dannwebb

Coloured tabs

Post by dannwebb »

.. would be great.

I find it difficult to tell which tab is active at a glance. Even just the ability to "highlight current" would be a help if full-on colours is not possible.

cheers.
NJo1000

Re: Coloured tabs

Post by NJo1000 »

Simple highlighting of the tab that is currently in "focus" would be a great benefit for folks like myself who are vision-impaired.

Thank you for consideration.

Nick J.
mechintosh

Post by mechintosh »

I have only been using for a few weeks, but I would love to be able change the color of the tabs. Some ideas...

1. Set a folder so that anytime it opens as a tab it is a specified color.
2. Set a locked tab to a color and...
3. Any tab that opens as a response to opening a subfolder in a locked tab is also that color until it is closed. (unless it has a specified color a la #1)
Edgar5

Post by Edgar5 »

As of at least 1.3.5, the currently active tab is highlighted as black text on white background and other tabs are black text on a medium gray background.
The attachment just tabs.png is no longer available
One minor problem with the concept… Consider the current black text on white background; while it can be hard on the eyes, it's always possible to distinguish the text from the background. Programmatically picking the font color based on a given background color is extremely difficult. Some real thought would need to be given to the implementation of this idea and its GUI (the user would need to be given a method to choose both the color of the tab and its font's color). Here's a "photoshopped" image (as you can see the black text on a light green background works fine but black text on a dark blue background is unreadable):
just tabs.png
just tabs.png (14.22 KiB) Viewed 14291 times
I like the idea that a folder would "remember" its color scheme.
pzaw

Post by pzaw »

Yes yes yes...

Please Please please...

I can't tell either. The white background overshadows the light blue everywhere and the glare is annoying.
I changed to Explorer++ because of fetures like an app bookmark, the Hard drive bar, and favourates love it well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not a fan of tabbing but I am trying to change my habits.

If you could tweek it in the area of highlighting for us fokes that ware glasses it would be nice.
After all we are all going to ware glasses.

I recon it would not be much work as the highlighting is already there just have to make it darker.

* current tab highlighting
* current directory highlighting when changing tabs I can never find where I am on tree view.

I will just add the following to this post as well although it is not about highlighting

* I see that if you double click on a blank area in the file list window you actually go to the parent directory.
But this cannot be done if the screen is filled with file listings and I am forced to click on the BACK arrow on the toolbar
which is ok but it breaks you concentration on the job because you have to look at what you are clicking on the toolbar losing you focus.

So may I suggest may be CTL-<double click> to return/go to previous directory?

pzaw