File drag & drop and horizontal scrolling

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
voidmind

File drag & drop and horizontal scrolling

Post by voidmind »

I often drag files from the Explorer++ detailed file list view to an application (like media files to a media player). When all the columns' widths are more than the file list view's width, an horizontal scroll bar appears at the bottom. In this use case, dragging a file to an application on the right of Explorer++ makes the file list view scroll to the right and that hides the file Name column, forcing be to either:

- manually re-scroll to the left each time I want the file Name column back into view
- resize all the columns so that the horizontal scroll bar disappears (those widths are not remembered if Explorer++ is closed and re-opened)

It would be nice to have a toggle option like "Dragging to the edge of window doesn't trigger horizontal scrolling" or have the option to make Explorer++ remember column widths set by a user after a shutdown & relaunch. Or maybe make the scrolling affect only columns after the Name column.
barryt

Re: File drag & drop and horizontal scrolling

Post by barryt »

I have this same action today. When I drag a file to move it into a folder listed on the left side the file folders scroll away. Is there any way to stop the scroll in the file folder list?