An Option For Drives Only

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
jerhewet

An Option For Drives Only

Post by jerhewet »

Please think about adding a configuration option to display physical drives only (HDD, SDD, etc.) in the Folders pane. I'm fine with seeing a Network icon that will browse into shared and networked drives, but I really could care less about any of the devices, or shortcuts, or Libraries and Favorites. Especially Libraries and Favorites. It's why I hate the default Desktop Explorer (yeah, Navigator... pyew!) so much and am out looking for something that isn't brain-damaged to replace it with.

I love the fact that Explorer++ does away with all of that "This folder contains files of type [image, video, audio, whatever] so lets change the view that the user wants into something that's completely worthless!" nonsense that Windows 7 and Windows 8 have forced on us. It's one of the reasons why I'm looking into Explorer++ right now -- especially since Windows 8x is now doing stupid crap like changing the Explorer icon on the toolbar to (of all stupid things!) match the "device" it's pointing to.

All I want to see are drives and files. Everything else is clutter and noise, as far as I'm concerned. If I want to see my Control Panel, then I'll launch the Control Panel. If I want to see my User directory, I'll launch Explorer++ and browse to C:\Users. And I don't want to see Libraries at all, because the entire concept of Libraries is just too stupid to even contemplate.

Yes, this is a combined rant and whine. But it's why I'm looking at alternatives. When I launch an explorer I want to see drives, and folders, and files. If I want to see anything else then I'll use some other application to do that.

Please offer it as an option, at least. I'm just tired of being forced to use applications that do everything except what the application is designed to do.