Dual-pane

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
shmuelw

Dual-pane

Post by shmuelw »

Please add dual-pane functionality. I know you don't really NEED dual-pane becuase you can drag files from one pane to another tab, but I find it much more comfortable to work with. I used to use 2xExplorer, but it has some problems in Windows 10 (with Office 2013), so I switched to Explorer++. But whenever I go back to 2xExplorer, I just find I really like it, mainly because it's dual-pane.

One of the reason I like dual-pane is because you can see where you are in each pane better than you can with just a tab name. For example, if you have 10 books that you are working on, and in each book's folder you have a folder called Word Files that has the files of the book. So if you are in the Word Files folder on one tab of Explorer++, the tab name does not tell you which book you are in. If you have a dual-pane view, you can easily see the files in the other pane and you know which book you are in.

It's gotten to the point where I've started to look for alternatives to Explorer++, which is a shame, because I like it in a lot of ways.