Favorites/Bookmarks Please

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
RobDownUnder

Post by RobDownUnder »

I have lost my remaining hair trying to find a File Manager with decent Favorites/Bookmarks
None of the free ones do it properly.
This program is the closest I have found in the free software. BUT it could do with improvements in Favorites handling.
A few days ago I decided to try "DO" Directory Opus Pro 12 (It is expensive). I am still on the 60 days free trial.
It's handling of Favorites is as close to my dream as I will ever find, because -
You can have children for any category.
Whilst experimenting with that, I also discovered that you can save sets of Tabs (they call them Folder "Tab Groups").
That will avoid me having an overwhelming qty of shortcuts in Favorites.
I am creating identical folder Names for my Favorites, and for my Folder sets.
Any one folder set, when opened will open up the Tabs that I always use (for that Category)
If I have additional folders that I wish to open (for that Category), but only open when I feel the need, then those shortcuts will be in the matching Favorites folder.

DO is going to cost me $50 US, when the Trial finishes, but even on a pension I reckon I cannot live without it.

I am not posting this to save me 50 bucks.
I am posting this so others in the world that have countless Folders/Files may get a free solution, if Explorer++ developer adopts these suggestions.

Helping the world (get organized),
Rob
PS The Explorer++ menu gets confused and calls my two Favorite folders by the same name.
The Favorites Toolbar does get the names correct.
PPS I was a Senior IT Analyst for 20 years, and have been programming in VB6 for over 15 years. If I had a time machine, I would send the previously working Rob a copy of DO, and RightNotePro, to help him organize his projects.
The currently retired/aging Rob needs them both, as his memory ceased working 10 years ago.
Janus

Re: Favorites/Bookmarks Please

Post by Janus »

I don't use the bookmark function myself, but I can try to help.

What are the names of the two folders that are confused?

Which is to say are they something like this.

C:\Folder1
C:\Folder2

Or are they folders within the "My documents" tree somewhere?
If they are, then you are facing a redirection problem having to do with hardlinks.
Those are a nightmare.

I myself do not use the user profile at all.
I have nothing in it, I mean nothing at all, well, almost.
My desktop, and some windows garbage that can't be moved, but nothing that is mine.

Janus.