1.0 release

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: 1.0 release

Post by David Erceg »

Deleting spam mostly. I changed the security model on the forum a couple of months back to a challenge/response question, but there's still spam posts that show up now and then.

And yes, I am still alive ;)
prr

Post by prr »

David Erceg wrote:Deleting spam mostly. I changed the security model on the forum a couple of months back to a challenge/response question, but there's still spam posts that show up now and then.

And yes, I am still alive ;)
That's good news. This is by FAR the best freeware file manager. Man I can't believe how badly MS borks such simple elements of their cash cow (Windows Explorer). But I digress... Anyways, kudos to you, and hopefully to a soon-to-be-released update. :mrgreen:
jfcarbel

Post by jfcarbel »

First off, Thank you to the developer of this software!

I just moved from XP to Windows 7 and could not stand the changes made to Explorer in Windows 7. So I am greatly thankful to have found this replacement software for explorer. So far it seems to meet my basic needs excellent and offers some cool features I never had with explorer.

I noticed in browsing forums that there has been mention or 1.4 release and then most recently of a 1.5 planned release by developer. Just wondering if the developer still plans on a release and if that will happen in 2012 or later. I see that the source code is opened to other developers, but notice a lot of patches rejected by developer, so I assume this is still an active project with planned releases.

I don't mind waiting to see new features and like developers who release stuff when they feel its ready and baked. But just curious if there are still a planned release. Thanks again.
eNdEmiOn

Post by eNdEmiOn »

Thought I'd check in once more. Sad to see that since I first found this five years ago development has pretty much come to a stand still. And it's not like the guys at MS are doing anything to improve the windows explorer, the opposite actually.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Yeah, there haven't been too many changes in the last few years. Mostly I've been busy with other things - I did some study on the side last year and invested time in a few other hobbies. I have done some work recently on Explorer++, primarily fixing some small issues. I figure that by improving some of the code, I can gradually reduce the number of bugs people might encounter.