Exif data not available in columns for Details View

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
yannB

Exif data not available in columns for Details View

Post by yannB »

I had put a lot of hope in this new project Explorer ++ but I must admit that it is strange to see that nobody is keen to customize the columns in the details view of Windows Explorer. In that respect Explorer ++ is like is parent Windows Explorer and it is disappointing.
For example in the properties of a .jpg photo, Windows 10 properties tab show the EXIF data and for example the GPS (location) coordinates (incomplete but it is another subject). In other words for each photo you are able to check if the GPS data is missing or not. If it is missing you need to geotag the photo. Doing that when you have a list of one or two hundreds of photos is unpractical.
Hence the idea to create a column in Explorer so that you can quickly sort the list of photos and isolate the ones with or without the GPS data. However in the list of possible headers for the columns you see a bunch of entries but not the GPS coordinates (latitude, longitude, altitude). This is not in coherence with the properties tab but only the programmer has to be blamed.
I searched the Internet for hours to find a way to generate a new column called Latitude, for example, and give the corresponding Exif data, but with no success. I had thought that Explorer ++ could be a solution since it claims to be more promising than his parent Windows Explorer but unless I'm wrong it does not seem to give this functionality.
Is that a suggestion that you guys could work on or give a hint.
Thanks,
yannB