Button to copy the path into the clipboard

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
mariomueller

Button to copy the path into the clipboard

Post by mariomueller »

Hi,

as I have to copy folder-path from the explorer many times a day I would be glad if you could provide a button to copy the folder-path into the clipboard.
Additionally a shortcut would be perfect.

Kind Regards
Mario
Edgar5

Re: Button to copy the path into the clipboard

Post by Edgar5 »

I too have this need so I added the functionality to my personal version. I chose to use a "Tools" menu entry and I gave it a keyboard shortcut. If anyone wants the code, let me know.
mariomueller

Post by mariomueller »

Hi Eddi,

many thanks. Could you please explain how to do that? Screenshots appreciated :-)

Thanks, regards
Mario
Janus

Post by Janus »

Not sure if this will help or not, but your question/need is not new.

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1157338

One or more of those might do what you need.
Though I use the address bar which I keep in text mode to get the current path.
One of several tweaks I made for my own use.

Janus.
bkdroid13

Post by bkdroid13 »

The free software "ClipboardPath" adds a new command "Copy path to clipboard" in the context menu of files and folders. With the click of a mouse, you can paste the full name of the file or the name of the fold in any dialog box or editor. You still have the full path.
Edgar5

Post by Edgar5 »

mariomueller wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:08 pmCould you please explain how to do that? Screenshots appreciated
First off, you would need to be able to compile everything and know how to program (or be willing to download/install/use a modified version of Explorer++ from someone you don't know - me)…
Explorer++.png
Explorer++.png (39.37 KiB) Viewed 19956 times
I have drastically modified Explorer++ 1.3.5; if you search around the forum you can find information on some of what I've done. I'm always happy to share the code as I have changed it and, if asked, will place a copy of my current working version on dropbox (or attach it here if not too large for the forum).
d0x360

Post by d0x360 »

Edgar5 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:58 pm
mariomueller wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:08 pmCould you please explain how to do that? Screenshots appreciated
First off, you would need to be able to compile everything and know how to program (or be willing to download/install/use a modified version of Explorer++ from someone you don't know - me)…
Explorer++.png
I have drastically modified Explorer++ 1.3.5; if you search around the forum you can find information on some of what I've done. I'm always happy to share the code as I have changed it and, if asked, will place a copy of my current working version on dropbox (or attach it here if not too large for the forum).
I'll take a compiled version if you don't mind.