Drag and Drop move files instead of copy

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
cdull

Drag and Drop move files instead of copy

Post by cdull »

I don't found a option to move allways when using Drag and Drop. It should always move file / folder when i using Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer to Explorer++ (without use the Shift key). When i drag and drop form Explorer++ to Windows Explorer it always moves (that should it also when i drag and drop from Windows Explorer to Explorer++).

When i Drag and Drop in Windows Explorer to C:/Desktop in Explorer++, then it moves
When i Drag and Drop in Windows Explorer from D:/ to C:/Desktop in Explorer++ then it copys (when i not using Shift key)

In Windows Explorer i have changed that behavior with a registry key change, but that have no effect on Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer to Explorer++

Please add a option that everytime i Drag and Drop a file / folder from Windows Explorer to Explorer++ it should move (with shift it should copy).

In Q-Dir (another filemanager) it allways moves, but i want to switch to Explorer++ for some reasons. But this is the last feature that i am missing in Explorer++.
cdull

Re: Drag and Drop move files instead of copy

Post by cdull »

It should also move allways when i Drag and Drop within Explorer++ from D:/ to C:/ and from C:/ to D:/
Janus

Re: Drag and Drop move files instead of copy

Post by Janus »

The standard behavior is move on the same drive, but copy to another.
I generally just right click, choose copy or cut, then paste at the destination.
Gives consistent behavior between copies of explorer++, to and from normal explorer as well.
The files get a faded look when cut, so you tell which files are selected.
I should also mention that I use detail for >99.9% of what I do.

Janus.