Saving View Options per Folder and More Columns

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
Gibraltar

Saving View Options per Folder and More Columns

Post by Gibraltar »

Hi there!

Thanks for the great program! I have a couple feature requests: 1. The ability to save individual folders' view options (e.g. one folder could be viewed in Details view while another could be viewed in Tiles etc. and the program would save these preferences on subsequent program loads. Windows Explorer currently does this. 2. The addition of more column options while directory browsing. In particular, I'd like to see a "Track #" column option like that found in Windows 7 so that you can sort music files by track.

Again, thanks for the great file browser!
psisquared

Re: Saving View Options per Folder and More Columns

Post by psisquared »

I agree. Many people (myself included) use different view settings for different folders. I usually display art and picture folders as "thumbnails" and most others as icons or tiles. Different folders "remembering" what they should be as a default is very convenient.

Fantastic Program. It's almost perfect.
Hamed

Post by Hamed »

The ability to save individual folders' view options (e.g. one folder could be viewed in Details view while another could be viewed in Tiles etc
Yes it is very very important feature.
I am request this feature to be develope.
jleahy

Post by jleahy »

Just found your program. Been looking for something like this for years. I do dev work and have to have many windows open simutaneously.
Had a similar question:

It would be so nice to have the app save the window colum widths and starting folders for each tab. Then, when you exit and come back, everthing is in place. With so many filenames being long, the default colum widths get in the way.

I know the app is open source, but I'd like to support it if these aspects are 'in the works.'
Great work, and needed too.
James Leahy
www.nwcic.com
Khristo2

Post by Khristo2 »

Hi
Not sure if this thread/issue was ever finalised or resolved. It seems such an obvious thing to be able to define a "default" view (tabs, starting positions, sorts etc) and to have this view as the starting position each time you open Explorer++.
Something like a "Save current view as user default view" option, and the ability to select "User default view" as a third option in "Tools\options\On Startup".
Seems obvious, so maybe there is another way of doing this???
Thanks,
Chris
Janus

Post by Janus »

It would likely start with detecting, then loading and parsing the existing desktop.ini files windows spreads like litter everywhere.
After that would be saving them.
This could give a per directory override for the default view.

I myself use details everywhere except a few select places.
The ability to alter only the few places I want a different view would be nice.

Janus.