Windows 11 context menu

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
likescookies

Windows 11 context menu

Post by likescookies »

Windows 11 changed the right-click Windows Explorer context menu so that older programs install their menu entries (such as "Play in Foobar2000") into the legacy menu (that can only be accessed with an extra click in Windows Explorer) but updated programs put their menu entries in the new context menu. Explorer++ only shows the legacy context menu--which I would normally consider a feature rather than a problem, except that it means that context menu items for newer programs aren't available at all in Explorer++.

I'm not even sure what my question is since Explorer++ didn't create this mess. Maybe optional support in the future for the Window 11 right-click context menu? I assume over time that as programs are updated the need for the legacy menu will decrease.
likescookies

Re: Windows 11 context menu

Post by likescookies »

I take back what I said--for some reason it took a while, but now everything in the new Explorer right-click menu also show up in the legacy menu that Explorer++ uses. That's good--much better than the Windows 11 version of Windows Explorer.

Thanks for the great tool!