Hide Menubar

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
dquille

Hide Menubar

Post by dquille »

It would be nice if there was some way to hide the menubar. I like to have no toolbars/menubars visible except for the statusbar at the bottom of the window. I know, very few apps have this feature, but It's nice that I can do this in CubicExplorer (and in CubicExplorer right clicking on the statusbar provides a context menu of all of the menubar options).

Explorer++ seems to be progressing nicely - it seems a bit snappier and lighter on resources than CubicExplorer (the memory private bytes/working set stay nice and low, although the virtual memory size seems to grow greater than it should)

Bugwise, I did notice in the latest snapshot that in a newly created rightmost tab some of the characters flow underneath the tab icon. If you create another tab the currenly bad tab will be fixed and the new tab will have the problem. If you close the rightmost tab the tab that then becomes the rightmost tab does not have the problem.
MXX

Re: Hide Menubar

Post by MXX »

I find very useful to be able to hide the menu, and just get it as needed, it saves space in the window and makes the application more elegant. I would like to encourage you to implement that feature, as dquille did.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Added to my todo list.
olof_

Post by olof_ »

its almost the same, but I would prefer just to hide the menubar, and to access it by just pressing the alt button.
similar to how windows 7´s explorer behaves.
not to hide it completely.
setphasetostun

Post by setphasetostun »

I'm guessing this feature hasn't been added yet?

Sorry for bumping an old thread if it's frowned upon.
Fredodito

Post by Fredodito »

David Erceg wrote:Added to my todo list.
Hi David and thank you very much for this fabulous Explorer++
Is it always on your todo list to add the possibility ti hide the Menu bar ?
Maybe you already done, if so, i'm sorry i dont find where to activate this parameter...
Thanks in advance and have nice day !
Fred.
ulick

Post by ulick »

would love to see this feature implemented as well.
on a < 200px width, the menu bar is just way too crowded, and consume too much height