control panel > personalize (vista ofc)

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
jackspade

control panel > personalize (vista ofc)

Post by jackspade »

does not work. im not sure if this is a bug that needs to be fixed, a feature to be requested, or something that exists that i just need help with. i wanted to change my wallpaper style. clicking it just opens explorer++ in my computer
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: control panel > personalize (vista ofc)

Post by David Erceg »

In the future, I'll probably make it so that all control panel items that have the folder attribute set are opened by Explorer (since most of them can't be opened in place anyway). For now, you can open any control panel folder item simply by right clicking on it and selecting "Explore".
jackspade

Post by jackspade »

might just me my pc, but that doesnt work for "personalization", it just opens an empty window
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Ok, you should be able to access the control panel in explorer by typing:

explorer.exe ::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}

at the command prompt. You should then be able to open Personaltization by right clicking on it and selecting "Open".

Otherwise, you can open the Personalization section directly in Explorer by typing:

explorer.exe ::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4BFE-8F11-A626DCB6A921}

I will have Explorer++ do this automatically for control panel items in the next version.

Also, the the paths used above (CLSIDs) for the Control Panel and Personalization folder can be obtained from Explorer++ by browsing into the required folder and selecting File->Copy Folder Path. Hope this helps!