Dual Pane View

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Dual Pane View

Post by David Erceg »

I haven't fully decided yet, but I've been thinking of adding dual panes in v1.5. I want to make a few other improvements first, but it is definitely on my radar.
marcus

Post by marcus »

David Erceg wrote:I haven't fully decided yet, but I've been thinking of adding dual panes in v1.5. I want to make a few other improvements first, but it is definitely on my radar.
This is an excellent program, best file manager for me (among free *and* payed choices). It's fast, intuitive and contains no clutter. Many thanks David. Please don't forget the dual pane feature! I think this is the only feature that is missing for very efficient file handling.
highstream

Post by highstream »

I've been primarily using XYplorer in XP and now Win 7/64 and saw your program at least as a possible alternative for those occasions when WinExplorer pops up by default in Win 7(64). And perhaps more than that, if it has sufficient flexibility. It has some nice features, but from my perspective dual panes is necessary; otherwise it's merely a placeholder like Win Explorer.
coolrat33

Post by coolrat33 »

First of all, thank you very much for writing such an excellent application under an open-source license.
Open source is really a very important movement, - NOT because software is free and we don't have to pay for it. That's not the point. Its about freedom of knowledge, building communities that are not based only on a money-profit motive. I'll be happy to make a contribution as soon as this phd is done :)

Like many others, I would also be really very pleased to see a dual-pane mode available soon. Any idea when (approx date) this feature might be released?

Thanks again!
Ikabod

Post by Ikabod »

My voice too for dual pane view.
DrBob

Post by DrBob »

Great program.

Dual pane would make it better still.
rojaep

Post by rojaep »

Initially I kept thinking omg how am I gonna manage without Dual pane then I got used to single pane with much less clutter than Q-dir.

It is much more convenient using tabs, as we can have but for instant comparison, and to make use of all that wasted real estate on the right, I vote for Dual Pane also, but can live without it...'specially as David has implemented a Ctrl+E feature.
Adam_NZ

Post by Adam_NZ »

1) Thank you, David for such an *amazing* program. I've been a long-time [paid] user of Powerdesk's PDExplorer, but the thing just gets buggier with every new release. I've been running Explorer++ side-by-side for a fair while and it really stands up well against PDExplorer.

2) I also registered here just to add my vote for ...

3) DUAL PANE VIEW (!). Though the tabs are brilliant (particularly as you can set a default location/directory for each) I've got so used to using dual pane views that I really miss them.

Add dual panes and you'll *definitely* be receiving a donation from me! Mind you - I think you deserve one anyway ... so I may just do it - to encourage you :lol:
Pottsy

Post by Pottsy »

Putting my vote in for Dual Pane view so I can drag and drop in the one window :) I noticed that the first post on this topic was in Feb 2011 almost 2 years ago. Any progress on this feature yet?
Misterd

Post by Misterd »

I don't use Explorer++ all the time but I always assume Side-by-Side display of 2 panes or tabs could be done. (A-la-Norton-Commander)

With no recent update of Explorer++ and no resolution to a 2 year old feature request with THOUSANDS of views, one has to wonder:

Is the author too busy with Real-Life or has adding this feature proved to be too much work?