view PCX as thumbnail image

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
Helen

view PCX as thumbnail image

Post by Helen »

A couple of thumbnail requests.

A. Major request: A thumbnail of a more common file type (jpg, gif), shows a mini image of the pic. However, for PCX file types, it does not. Could it please show a mini pic for a PCX file type.

B. Minor request: Windows explorer has an option to increase the thumbnail size, up to 256 x 256 pixels. Could you please provide this option.

Thanks.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: view PCX as thumbnail image

Post by David Erceg »

Hi Helen,

The thumbnails shown by E++ are generated by Windows. So, whatever thumbnails are shown by Windows Explorer should also be shown by E++. Unfortunately, I don't have any plans to custom generate thumbnails for other file types. At least not right now.

I'll add an option for larger thumbnails once the next version of E++ has been released.
Helen

Post by Helen »

Hi there.

I've been using 1.3.0.261 (32bit) for a long time, thank you very much for that. I thought I'd see if a later version had this 256 pixel option so I downloaded the 1.3.5.531 version. I can't find where to set the 256 pixel preference though. Did it ever get added?

Thank you.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

There's no option to manually pick a size, but choosing the "Extra Large Icons" view mode should give you icons that are 256x256.