Create New Folders

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
Spot

Create New Folders

Post by Spot »

Hi David,

Great program--simple and clean.

A couple of things:
1) I sure would like to be able to create a new folder in Folders view pane through a right mouse click rather than going to the actions menu (although I now see that cnt + N will do it so I may start using that method).
2) If I create a new folder its obvious that it needs a name, right? A one-step process of creating and naming it would be nice. In W explorer when I create a folder the New Folder name is ready to be edited. Don't know technical term--edit mode? Having to make a new folder and then right click - Rename is a bit cumbersome.
Edit: I see that you are aware of this.

3) One thing that's always bothered me about explorer is that Rename and Delete are right next to each other when clicking right mouse button. Since it is standard in W explorer maybe you don't want to change it, however, on occasion I've deleted a folder instead of renaming it. Not really a big deal since I immediately realize what happened--it's just a little bothersome that they are right next to each other.

I'm really liking E++. Thanks for all the hard work.
Steve
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Create New Folders

Post by David Erceg »

1) I actually just noticed that Windows Explorer in Vista has a cut-down new menu in the folders pane, so I might add the regular new menu (the one that appears when right-clicking in the main pane) to the context menu in the folders pane.

3) Unfortunately the right click menu is created by the shell, and that's the way it lays things out (it would be possible to re-order the menu items, but I think it would be easier for now to keep it standardized).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions Steve!
AJAJ

Re: Create New Folders

Post by AJAJ »

Hi,

I would also really like to have "Rename upon creation" when I make a New Folder. I never want a new folder to be named "New Folder", and as currently implemented there are a few extra steps to re-name a new folder.

Could we have an option to have the folder name highlighted and ready to edit when a new folder is created?

Thank you!
AJ