Open folder in new tab

Share any ideas you have on improving Explorer++
frmariam

Open folder in new tab

Post by frmariam »

This app is awesome.

One thing I'm missing though is the ability to open a folder in a new tab/window automatically using a hotkey. The CTRL+Enter(mouse click) in Firefox is a life saver (but this hotkey is already in use). Something like Windows(button)+Enter(double-click) or double-click with the right mouse button would do it nicelly. Any other simple hotkey would be fine (just not clicking with the scroll wheel since it wouldn't work well with most laptops).

What do you think?
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Open folder in new tab

Post by David Erceg »

Sounds good to me :) For now, I'll assign the combination ctrl+double click (double clicking with the right mouse button won't work properly, as the context menu will popup on the first click, and the windows key is typically used with system shortcuts). If you have another key combination that you feel would be better, feel free to post it below.
frmariam

Post by frmariam »

That's perfect :) It thought it couldn't be used because of the CTRL+Enter hotkey, but it it can this may actually be the best key combo
GCP

Post by GCP »

Would you please consider adding middle (scroll-wheel) click to open a new tab?

While it may not work well for notebook users, it certainly works well with a standard mouse in Firefox.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Hi GCP, middle click should open items in a new tab already ;)
GCP

Post by GCP »

Middle click does nothing!
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Hmm, I tested just now and it seems to be working. When you middle click on a tab does it close?
GCP

Post by GCP »

Middle click on an existing tab does close it.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Ok, I haven't found why this would be the case yet, but I am investigating, and hope to find the problem soon.
ulogic

Post by ulogic »

In the listview, a middle click opens a folder in a new tab, but a middle click on a folder in the treeview does nothing. However, a right click in the treeview brings up a context menu with an option to open in a new tab. Perhaps what GCP is referring to is a middle click in the treeview.