Detailview Gridlines

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
Janus

Detailview Gridlines

Post by Janus »

Is anyone besides me having problems with detail view grid lines.
Building commit 1779 with VS2019, there are no grid lines on launch.
I am not very familiar with VS2019, and I am working on a loaner machine.
Still doing some rebuilding after kinetically assisted hardware failures, and shipping is taking a LONG time right now.

However, nothing I have been able to figure out, even hardcoding the showgridlines value makes no difference.
I can go into options->window, uncheck and recheck any box, where they already show as selected by the way, then hit apply, and they appear.
Yes I have cleared the registry, and yes the gridlines are selected in the config, and as noted, show as selected in options.

Not liking the direction VS is going, the gui is getting less intuitive, and less friendly/informative.

Janus.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Detailview Gridlines

Post by David Erceg »

Thanks for the report. This is fixed in https://github.com/derceg/explorerplusp ... c120f8bc0a.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Thank you very much.

I am on loaned hardware at the moment, VS2019 came with it, so I decided to catch up.
Disappointing to have to use a VS version I can't afford yet, but life finds a way.

Took some work to get the void tools code to run on VS2019, but I have to admit the network handling is better.
Initial network scanning used to take ten to twenty seconds before the hosts would show, now it is a few seconds.

thanks again.

Janus.
Janus

Post by Janus »

A follow up question.

Is there any way to get more consistency in directory updates?

Some days, updates when files are copied works perfectly, others, I have to hit refresh constantly.
This applies to vanilla, and with my mods, whether local or over lan.
Sometimes when I make a directory it lets me rename iot, others it gives an error, then I refresh and all is fine.

I also finally got my mod to run with fall through when everything is not loaded or running.
Though it does make dir size reporting VERY slow.

Janus.