Search window does not open

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
FOAPIDocx

Search window does not open

Post by FOAPIDocx »

Hi David,

LOVE E++! The search pane does not open for me on 1.40b2. Downgrading to 1.3.5.531 64-bit unicode solved the problem.

I am running Win 10 Enterprise 10.0.1.19044 Build 19044.

I did not find a crash dump, presumably because the app didn't crash.

I also haven't seen this issue reported on the forums so I am wondering whether the problem could be local to my machine. I'm running E++ in a folder at the root of my C:\ drive. Running as an admin user does not resolve the issue.

If I can provide further info, I'm happy to do so. For example, if E++ writes to the system logs and you can tell me what to filter on, maybe that would help to narrow down what's going on.

Thanks,

JP
FOAPIDocx

Re: Search window does not open

Post by FOAPIDocx »

UPDATE: It appears that some time ago I reported a problem with the search window not opening on the version just I downgraded to... and I fixed it by upgrading to 1.4.0 ... so now I really don't know why this is happening. It is probably an issue on my machine, but I'm stumped as to why search seems to work fine for a long time and then fails. I still suspect that the window is opening offscreen but IDK how to verify that or how to force it onscreen.

Here's my previous post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3033&p=6747#p6747
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Search window does not open

Post by David Erceg »

I did make a change a few months back to ensure that the main window is visible on startup. Someone reported an issue where the application opened off screen after a monitor change. So I'll likely do something similar with the dialogs, to ensure that they're at least visible when opened.

I suppose it would still be good to know whether the issue is simply that the dialog isn't appearing after a monitor configuration change (e.g. because the dialog appeared on a monitor that's no longer connected) or if the dialog position is being saved or loaded incorrectly.

- Does the dialog only disappear after a monitor configuration change?
- I noticed in your previous post that you mentioned the PosX/PosY config.xml values, which is where the dialog position is saved. When the dialog appears off screen, do the saved PosX/PosY values look valid? They shouldn't contain extremely large values, for example.
- Once you notice the problem, if you update the PosX/PosY values (e.g. to 0), does the dialog appear on screen?