XP Listview gridline bug (sigh...)

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
AllenT

XP Listview gridline bug (sigh...)

Post by AllenT »

David,

I'm doing lots of experimenting/playing while upgrading the documentation to v1.3.3, and have discovered a bit more of the XP listview bug (scrambled lines).
  1. Main files pane FIXED - yay! Good job!
  2. Actions/Merge dialog - ok for everything, but scroll/page up/down (with mouse clicks, not keyboard) is not refreshing properly (partial/no refresh only - lines sometimes not drawn). Actions/Destroy dialog is the same. Ok to leave as is, but maybe something got forgotten. I think the bug causes redraws 1 pixel out and is dependent on listview control sizing (past experimentation) so some dialogs aren't a huge issue. Interesting that the mouse scroll wheel is not an issue - I think it emulates keyboard operation which appears to be less of (no?) problem.
  3. Tools/Search dialog - no handler for gridlines bug - argghh! Using mouse clicks to scroll/page up/down, etc. causes scrambling, as was the case with files pane before fix.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: XP Listview gridline bug (sigh...)

Post by David Erceg »

Thanks for letting me know Allen. Fortunately, most of the dialogs share common base code, so fixing this was pretty simple. Any dialog with a listview (and gridlines turned on) should now redraw correctly.