Auto-refresh does not work

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
grayghost2

Re: Auto-refresh does not work

Post by grayghost2 »

@ David E :)
I have been out of action for over a week (work and other personal matters)
I will get to your request, after I catch up on some sleep.
Regards
grayghost2 :)
Duke

Post by Duke »

FWIW I had the same issue of files/folders not auto-refreshing and this is how I resolved it:
Uninstalled Explorer++
Launched regedit with admin rights
Deleted HKCU\Software\Explorer++
I also found that HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager had \??\C:\windows\system32\explorer++.exe listed. This key is created/modified when there is a pending file change that requires a restart. I deleted the string from the key.
Reinstalled Explorer++ and was able to create new files and folders and they populated/refreshed in both panes.

Something to try at least, YMMV
grayghost2

Post by grayghost2 »

Hi Duke,
Just investigated your ...
Duke wrote:Launched regedit with admin rights
Deleted HKCU\Software\Explorer++
I also found that HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager had \??\C:\windows\system32\explorer++.exe listed. This key is created/modified when there is a pending file change that requires a restart. I deleted the string from the key.
"Session Manager" is a key with 15 sub keys
Nowhere in Keys, Values or Data within "Session Manager" or any sub-keys can I find "explorer++.exe"

Maybe I am missing something ?
registry.PNG
registry.PNG (37.92 KiB) Viewed 144949 times
----------
SPECS
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
DonDave

Post by DonDave »

Hi
I also have this no-refresh-problem. Deleting HKCU\Software\Explorer++ did not help. Played around with the options and found that this seems to be special-folder related.
Example:
I create/delete a folder in the MyAccount-special-folder. Then the treeview-branch showing the Desktop\MyAccount-special-folder is not updated whereas the regular folder under Desktop\Computer\C:\users\MyAccount\ is updated.

Hope this helps.
grayghost2

Post by grayghost2 »

David, :)

Just found this thread Directory refresh problem on "Classic Shell" forum
ClassicShell forum thread... wrote:This is a problem with Explorer, not related to Classic Shell.

Is the directory you are working in include in a Library meaning are you accessing it via any of the Libraries or are you directly accessing the folder? There are 2 hotfixes related to directory refresh problems on Windows 7. Try installing both and restart Windows.

- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2803202
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2769478
Out of my depth with this stuff -- just thought it might be a clue to "Explorer++" ills.

Russell :)
Barret Wallace

Post by Barret Wallace »

Hi,

I have the auto-refresh problem as well, which makes Explorer++ almost unusable for me :-(

Auto-refresh works flawlessly for my local drives. However, most of the time, I have to work on remote drives. In this case, auto-refresh always fails. Is there anything I can do to make it work? I'm using Explorer++ 1.3.99.1 (64-bit Unicode Build, May 3, 2014). Any help is appreciated!
grayghost2

This problem is now 3 years old

Post by grayghost2 »

I have given up, I must have forgotten to unsubscribe this thread
- there are other Explorer programs out there that work perfectly, some free and some commercial.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=alternative+w ... orer&kaa=p
- I paid for one and have never looked back

I donated to Explorer++ and am very disappointed that refresh has never been fixed. :(