Auto-refresh does not work

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
blork

Auto-refresh does not work

Post by blork »

Hello. I'm on Win7, 64 bit, running as a virtual machine in Parallels 6 on a Mac.

Explorer++ works fine except for one thing: no auto-refresh, ever. So if I delete a file, it appears to still be there until I manually refresh. Create a new file (via Save As, or via right-click and "New xxx document" in Explorer++) the file doesn't appear until I hit refresh. ZIP a file, and I don't see it until I refresh.

It's driving me a bit crazy!

I had been using 1.3.2, but I just installed 1.3.3 and the problem is still there.

Anyone here have any ideas on how I can get this thing to start auto-refreshing?

Thanks!
blork

Re: Auto-refresh does not work

Post by blork »

Helloooo! [tap] [tap] Is this thing on?
;-)
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

It works for me, and without been able duplicate a bug, there's very little I can do.

However, I am in the process of setting up some internal logging (I just finished integrating the logging library I've chosen, which is the first step). From now, I'll be adding various logging statements. In the nightly build, you'll be able to enable logging by running:

explorer++.exe -enable_logging

Hopefully this means I'll be able to track down the cause of the bug.
fule

Post by fule »

I am experiencing the same problem on Win7, 64bit version.
I downloaded Explorer++ 64bit version (explorer++_1.3.3_x64), unzipped and ran. The folders do not auto-refresh!
However, just downloaded 32bit version (explorer++_1.3.4_x86) and it seems the folders auto-refresh correctly on delete/add/etc.

It was driving me mad for a moment too but I am happy that 32bit seems to be working. Btw, great replacement for default explorer....

Cheers...
blork

Post by blork »

I tried the 32 bit one, and the problem was still there (no auto-refresh). :-/
17blue17

Post by 17blue17 »

Edit - I see another bug report about left screen not updating - I reposted in that thread.
Almeister9

Post by Almeister9 »

I also have the same problem.

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.
After every action I press F5 for refresh. Even copying a file into a folder, I then have to refresh manually before it will take on it's correct icon.
If you rename a file, you cannot open it until you manually refresh because it "cant find the file you are looking for".
Also Drag and drop works intermitantly.

Microsoft dropped the ball so drastically with Win7, and refuse to admit to the downright broken-ness of Explorer.
Explorer++ is a very good alternative, but I think a bit more work is need on the 64-bit version.

There is also no integration with other programs, like Firefox (latest), Thunderbird (latest), Adobe products (CS4), even though I ticked that box during install. All programs still invoke WinExplorer.

For now, it is a toss up between using Explorer++ with manual refresh after every operation, or upgrade to WinXP.
I'm sticking with Explorer++ for now, but it really has to do with frustration levels (the reason for moving away from WinExplorer in the first place.)

I have heard that the 32-bit version doesn't have this problem, but what is the point of having modern 64-bit computers if no-one develops 64-bit programs?
john009

Post by john009 »

hi
nice work with this prog

BUT:) ...

1) it doesnt make refresh on network connections(create something on network share ... i use samba as share srv)
2) when i enable that logging opt(-enable_logging) it screws up all tabs and settings..nasty stuff... and i cant find the log file

ps: i can manual refresh from time 2 time... but only that
edit: my ver. is 1.3.4.485 32 bit on win xp sp3
edit2: also on duplicate tab it loses icon settings
edit3: also if the tabs u let active while closing exp++ r no longer available(paths) - exp++ wont start anymore
peace :d
badfiles

Post by badfiles »

I run MS Windows XP (32 bit) inside VirtualBox with shared folders (virtual shared drives),
mounted via command line interface with "net use x: \\vboxsvr\sharename"

In a Windows guest, shared folders are browseable and therefore visible in Explorer++ (latest stable built),
but file actions of any kind are not displayed in place, so I have to manually refresh window's contents.

Regular drives, or real shared drives (samba) are not subject to this issue.

Something is surely wrong with autorefresh.
dsmcu

Post by dsmcu »

it seems to happen when i work in folders oppenned thru Libraries link from View->Folders
if i do it from defaulted Computer the bug seems to disappear
so this is probably connected with these special Win7 links like the one used for libraries
see registry for
Name UsersLibrariesFolder
ParsingName ::{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}
but may be i'm wrong :)