Check box and Single click does not work together

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
Jan Vereijken

Check box and Single click does not work together

Post by Jan Vereijken »

When you select the Check Box and Single Click option both, and you want to select a few file with the Check Box, then the file is automaticly opend when selecting the firs check box.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Check box and Single click does not work together

Post by David Erceg »

That sounds like it's the correct behavior. Remember when you turn single click on, you have to hover over items to select them. If you click an item, it'll open it, regardless of whether you click the check box, or the icon. To select multiple items, hold control and hover the mouse over the files you want to select.
Jan Vereijken

Post by Jan Vereijken »

That sounds good, but when you are using Windows Explorer with these settings, you can select files by selecting the checkbox and the file won't by opened. And that is a nice thing to have.

If you want to use it the way you explaned, then it is beter that you cannot use the checkbox setting with the single click option.
jfgilliam

Post by jfgilliam »

Sorry for bringing up and old thread, but I've just started using this and I like it a lot. I understand you're explanation of how you coded it, but I would advise that the features that are in common with Windows Explorer, such as this, that Explorer++ work the same way (unless your way is actually better). This leads to better user adaption and less confusion. Windows Explorer will let you turn on single click and the check boxes at the same time. When checking a box, it does not activate the click on it. I actually think the check boxes were added to aid the users in this mode, because the hover to select, especially multiple files, take coordination that a lot of people don't have, or haven't learned, because it requires you use 2 hands and you have to know the key (ctrl or shift) to use.
et.vermeiren@gmail

Post by et.vermeiren@gmail »

Re: Check box and Single click does not work togetherPost
by jfgilliam » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3_49 pm

I fully agree. :idea:
The suggestion by David Erceg » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:33 am
"To select multiple items, hold control and hover the mouse over the files you want to select." is just but a work-around.

Is there a fix available :?:
Last edited by et.vermeiren@gmail on Sat May 09, 2020 5:21 am, edited 3 times in total.